Best place to find reef ready Aquariums?

bkvreef

Any insight on good sites or locations (I'm in Dayton Ohio) to find aquarium, hood, and stand (125g or so)?

anonome

I am not from your area, but you can get really good deals on tanks and what nots from the classified section in your local paper. If you are looking for new, then look at your local petshops. Often times if you buy from them the basics, they will help you with stocking. Always do your research first, then ask them to order things for you. The key word is research everything , don't always rely on one source. This hobby is facinating, but easily misguided, you have to do most of the upfront work.

oceana

the paper is great in florida for tanks. i buy used set up all the time and there are some killer deal out there.
if you want only new you can get a 125 at most reef stores for rather cheap IMO. not big enough yet to really find much differences in price. but just big enough that most online places wont carry them due to the size and shipping constraints.
gl to ya

sprang

I'm about an hour and a half from Dayton and can get you good deals if you want to make the drive. are you looking for new or used equipment?

rbrockm1

i lived close to dayton before i went to college. have you been to Gerbers saltwater warehouse? They have a lot of fish there and have a varietyof tanks too. try them out. I lived by washington court house

sprang

I say a tank that can sustain a reef enviroment. Lighting, filtration, Live rock and sand, Most important though a lot of patience in letting the tank cycle and no skimping on equipment and lighting. I tried taking short-cuts but found out there are few in this hobby. I just bite the bullet and....... anyway I'm rambling again sorry?

bkvreef

Originally Posted by sprang
I'm about an hour and a half from Dayton and can get you good deals if you want to make the drive. are you looking for new or used equipment?
If I can save a decent amount of money then I'm always up for a drive.
New vs used isn't a big deal as long as they are in good shape. I don't mind cleaning things up but I'm not going to spend another $$$$ to fix up something in bad shape with potential.
rbrockm1:
I have been to Gerber's and that is where I get the majority of stuff.
However, that is where I saw a 125g drilled, with canopy and stand (new for $1000) and most people said that it was too much!

oceana

Originally Posted by chadman
when they say reef ready.....what exactly does that entitle?
it simply means they have built in over flows

bkvreef

Originally Posted by praisethel
I would be happy to pay a grand for a brand new tank, canopy, and stand. Do they have a website?
Yes they do, however they do not keep it up to date. And they don't include any of the tanks. But for info sake use this website and replace fish with warehouse.

kidwicked

how many gallon is that one and how much was it?
it says there they go up to 515 gallons with the quarter cylinder.
I might get like a 500 gallon full cylinder from there.
and they have full cylinders up to 1,000 gallons???????
imagine a 1,000 gallon cylinder.. that would be sweet. :thinking:
but if that thing ever breaks holy crap look out. You might drown. :hilarious

maintman02

Thank you diablo, I have been looking for a place that sells tanks at good prices and glass cages is some of the best prices around.

jalurao

Originally Posted by bkvreef
anyone have any other sites or locations in Ohio/Indiana area?
I used to live near Dayton, and I always liked Jack's. Never shopped around though, so i don't know how they compare.

fishgeek01

SPRANG if you read this drop me an email, I work in the Richmond area and Live in Columbus, IN. Always available for trading. If you are interested jbarbier at jdbyrider dot com