Best reasonably priced digital camera

copeseter

What is everyones suggestion for a digital camera for taking pics of corals in a tank. I like those close up alien looking pics.LOL

nicodakat

I have a Nikon Coolpix 4800, and it works fantastic!!!! The price has come down, so it's pretty reasonably priced. Best Buy was the cheapest compared to the other stores. :happy:

annanymous

i have the fujiE550. it was around 280.00 but it has all the options of the biger more expensive cameras. plus it has an option of adding xtra lenses to the focus.

palumbo

Are those point-and-shoot or SLR? I'm looking for a nice digital SLR. I am absolutely IN LOVE with the Nikon D70, but I can't afford it(even with my bro's Best Buy discount it's 800 for just the body) :scared:

saltyfishy

Originally Posted by Palumbo
Are those point-and-shoot or SLR? I'm looking for a nice digital SLR. I am absolutely IN LOVE with the Nikon D70, but I can't afford it(even with my bro's Best Buy discount it's 800 for just the body) :scared:
Canon digital rebel xt = Super SLR

saltn00b

heya, i have a moderately pricey Canon. it takes gorgeous pics. Canon is a real solid brand, and i have experienced working with some of their cheaper models that take pics of about the same quality. which sorta pisses me off LOL. anyway just make sure your digital camera has at least 4 megapixels. which allows for larger pictures and better resolution. and it is from a brand name you know and trust. (sony you will pay more for the name). you will also want to run pics through some digital filter. i prefer photoshop - and depending on the situation, will use auto-contrast or auto-curves. its a one step quick fix to cleaning up the gray tint that most digitals cast on pics.
(called gamma correcting.) that will really bring out the natural vibrant colors of your tank. good luck

wax32

I get pretty nice pics with my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-p150. It's 7.2MP point and shoot. The only drawback is the lack of manual focus but to be honest, if you take a few pics you get used to how it focuses and can get around that issue. They run about 400, considerably less than most good SLRs. That said, I STILL want a Canon Rebel XT. :D