Best Salt

myzislow

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
that kinda bashes all other salts and glorifies one. not that it is a bad salt because i dont know anything about salts but i cant imagin all the other salt companies lying about everything and this is the only one that doesnt lie.

I realize that. I posted it more for letting people know about this great salt. It does give a lot info on the marine environment brand salt.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by myzislow
I realize that. I posted it more for letting people know about this great salt. It does give a lot info on the marine environment brand salt.
agreed. and it is very informative on the misleading tendencies of companies as well

azfishgal

I used Tropic Marin but then switched to Reef Crystals. The calcium is bit higher and it didn't leave a film on my mixing container like Tropic Marin did, I also seemed to get several batches that were bad. I just finished using a 5 gallon bucket of Reef Cyrstals and had no bad batches. I am going to test it for Magnesium though since Scarface mentioned it being low.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by myzislow
I also use marine environment. Not a well known brand, but a VERY high quality salt. It's the only salt my LFS stocks, and I'm lucky that they do.
http://www.northcoastmarines.com/salt_comparison.htm

I love their our salt is better than theirs speil especially about how their elements are "bonded to bromide so they cant be removed" thats PURE Bull Pucky skimming will remove bromide even though they claim it wont be removed by skimming.
as well as any photosythetic algaes will consume the bromide as well as any element "bonded" to it being removed from the tank through ritual harvesting.
I cant stop laughing.
what a kick.
I imagine its a good salt by the sounds of it but WOW

reefkprz

Originally Posted by azfishgal
I used Tropic Marin but then switched to Reef Crystals. The calcium is bit higher and it didn't leave a film on my mixing container like Tropic Marin did, I also seemed to get several batches that were bad. I just finished using a 5 gallon bucket of Reef Cyrstals and had no bad batches. I am going to test it for Magnesium though since Scarface mentioned it being low.

let me know what the results are for that mag test, I am currently out of mag test and have never tested a fresh batch before.

myzislow

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I love their our salt is better than theirs speil especially about how their elements are "bonded to bromide so they cant be removed" thats PURE Bull Pucky skimming will remove bromide even though they claim it wont be removed by skimming.
as well as any photosythetic algaes will consume the bromide as well as any element "bonded" to it being removed from the tank through ritual harvesting.
I cant stop laughing.
what a kick.
I imagine its a good salt by the sounds of it but WOW
well, I do know I used to use reef crystals and this stuff blows it away. But yeah, that article is obv bias.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
let me know what the results are for that mag test, I am currently out of mag test and have never tested a fresh batch before.
I will let you know....need to buy a Mag test first though.

morayeels

i was Tropic Pro Reef user and went to reef crystals. Reef crystals was ok but I think my corals were not opening as well so I went back to Tropic pro reef.

wfd1008

Originally Posted by digitydash
I use reef crystal and instant ocean depends what one I can find in a 5 gal bucket when I need salt.Both are good I have had no problem with them.

I have to agree. Although, I have to admit, that's all they sell around here. So i haven't tried any others. They do sell red sea, but I'm anti-red sea.