Best Saltwater Sand for a shark?

gtotheo4

Lead me to the right brands and type please? I have an idea from what people have told me but wondering what you guys think?

btldreef

Most medium - fine grades would be fine. Just don't go with anything that's very coarse (no frayed coral). I prefer CaribSea as far as bagged sands go. Saltwaterfish.com sells live sand that they collect from the sea floor, that would be an excellent choice.

gtotheo4

Yes i know and i did not buy it because of what you guys said i ended up buying a 300 gallon used tank and right now just have life rock and sand in it to get the cycles going and will take everything out and put the correct kind of sand? is it so hard to answer a question in this forum?

gtotheo4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/389151/best-saltwater-sand-for-a-shark#post_3436976
Most medium - fine grades would be fine. Just don't go with anything that's very coarse (no frayed coral). I prefer CaribSea as far as bagged sands go. Saltwaterfish.com sells live sand that they collect from the sea floor, that would be an excellent choice.
thats exactly where i was looking thanks for the help!

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtotheo4 http:///t/389151/best-saltwater-sand-for-a-shark#post_3436978
Yes i know and i did not buy it because of what you guys said i ended up buying a 300 gallon used tank and right now just have life rock and sand in it to get the cycles going and will take everything out and put the correct kind of sand? is it so hard to answer a question in this forum?
Why are you getting defensive??? Geez...

btldreef

Trav, try to answer the question, not drill the OP...
To the OP, kudos to you for researching a proper setup!

gtotheo4

im not getting defensive just wondering because you asked me the same question in the last post. I will post pictures as soon as i get it up, so you can see im trying to do things the right way trust me im the last person to like caged up fish or any animal i feel bad for them but i rather it be me in a large tank then what you see banded cat shark being put in 55 gallon tanks and ect.

krj-1168

Actually - very fine grades(sugar like) of sand are best for keeping benthic sharks. As the bellies of such sharks are quite sensitive.