Best skimmer with smallest footprint

moneylaw

Hi,
My sump/refugium is very small and the compartment for the skimmer is only 5.5" x 10". I am currently using coralife super skimmer and I hate that skimmer, overflow for no reason in the middle of the night, doesn't matter how I adjust it. Could you guys suggest the best in-sump skimmer that you know with small foot print? So far, I only got AquaC urchin pro and tunze skimmers to fit into my sump. This time I would like to get more info instead of buying another useless skimmer. Thanks in advance. My tank is 60 gallons with 12 gallons sump.
Also if you guys have extra Urchin pro or tunze skimmer to sell, please let me know. Thanks.

al mc

There may be a small asm skimmer that would fit. They all work well. Also, with that small an area I would consider an HOB skimmer on the sump skimmer area .Remora pro would be a good choice. Then using the skimmer section of the sump as a chaeto refugium. Just another idea on maximizing your space.

moneylaw

Thanks for the reply, Al Mc. Which ASM skimmer has footprint of 6x10? haven't seen one yet. Also I would like to get the in-sump skimmer possible, i don't want those power head in my tank. What do you think about aquaC Urchin? i am leaning toward buying it.

walkerbrody

look into an octopus recirc skimmer. They skim very well and I think they have a small footprint. I have used an aquac urchin and remora pro, neither are very effective, but easy to adjust.