Best way to remove carbon?

rebelprettyboy

What should i DO to get it out the tank? not sure if its carbon or what? It was a bag of chemipure I had hold and she dropped it in the tank? Tank is a 14 gal bio cube we were just setting it up today so nothing in it. Its has already cleared up a little, but just wondering?

granny

Chemipure must be rinsed, just like carbon, before placing itin the tank.
I am assuming you took the bag out of the tank and rinsed it thouroughly. Just put in in your filter, do a partial water change and it should clear up in a day or so.
Do you use any floss or micron filter material in your filter system? That will clear it up much faster if you do.

rebelprettyboy

yeah It wont be much of a cycle. 5 gals of water from my 55 gal and 5 gals of water 4rm my 30 gal, and all fully cured lived rock out of my 30 gal. But im gonna still pay attention to give it 2-3 weeks for everything!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2572707
yeah It wont be much of a cycle. 5 gals of water from my 55 gal and 5 gals of water 4rm my 30 gal, and all fully cured lived rock out of my 30 gal. But im gonna still pay attention to give it 2-3 weeks for everything!
Ghost feed the tank to get an ammonia spike.

granny

Did you get any help with your biocube skimmer problems? I am not familiar with that set up so cant really help you, but bubbles are a common problem with adjusting skimmers. Let it run for a while-it could have just had some internal air that needs to bleed out. I see another thread here on teh biocube. Perhaps someone there is familiar with it.