Beth answer a question that only you know the answer plz

troy989

hey remember back about a month ago when my clown died of brook then about a few days later my other one got it and i cured him? can i get another fish now? i want a b&w oscceleris yes i know my clownfish is probably female im gona buy a small b&w. one last question my osceleris clownfish goes near my ywg then my ywg goes after him if i get a new clown will they team up on him?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by troy989
http:///forum/post/3158453
hey remember back about a month ago when my clown died of brook then about a few days later my other one got it and i cured him? can i get another fish now? i want a b&w oscceleris yes i know my clownfish is probably female im gona buy a small b&w. one last question my osceleris clownfish goes near my ywg then my ywg goes after him if i get a new clown will they team up on him?
You can add a new clown, but your best bet is to quarantine him first to avoid infecting your other fish with anything that the new fish may have. Have a bottle of formalin on hand just in case. Adding a small clown is a good choice, it gives you a better chance of your current clown pairing up with him. It is not likely that your male clown will chase your goby since he will be dealing with your female's harassment for awhile.

johnr2604

I don't think you will have problems with them bullying the watchman. My watchman is one of my smallest fishes and he bucks up to the big fish when they swim near his home.

troy989

i was woried about my tank having brook yes i do have foramlin lots i had brook about 1 and a half months ago

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Are you planning to get the clownfish from the same store as the others? Likely whatever store the infected fish came from has a problem.
You should quarantine new clowns, and that treat them if needed. Brook is not limited to clownfish, BTW.

troy989

i dont have a qt and this iis the store i like and therre giving mme 15 dollars off but you know best so ill go to the other one