Beth HELP - lymphocystis

hatessushi

Yep, thats lympho. Good diet, good water, decreased stress are needed.

Agree !
It's not contagious. Feed 3 times a day with fresh food soaked in vitamins like vita-chem or such. One of the feedings soak in FRESH garlic. Beth has a recipe at the top of this disease and Treatment forum for fresh food. I made some and I can tell you the fish love it.
Unfortunate for me my PH dropped out the bottom and I lost a trigger I had in QT but when he ate he loved it and will be remember for that.

crox

I am soaking brine and mysis in fresh garlic but it looks like that the lympho is getting worst.

hatessushi

What are your water parameters, especially Ph. My Trigger was cleared up with Lympho and it came back again and I believe it's because my ph dropped off.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Crox
I am soaking brine and mysis in fresh garlic but it looks like that the lympho is getting worst.
Well brine and mysis are no where near enough variety. Buy some formula foods, they have a variety in each kind. Your fish should be getting a huge variety of foods, just as they would in the ocean. My fish get prime reef, formula 1, formula 2, Jullian sprugs sea veggies, and I do use flakes sometimes. Soak ALL food in a rotation of Vitachem, Zoecon, Garlic Extreme, and Selcon. Your fish arn't getting proper nutrition if that is the diet you have been feeding an angel? Angels need veggies! There is also an angel formula frozen food. Proper diet and ideal water conditions will clear lymph in no time.

crox

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Well brine and mysis are no where near enough variety. Buy some formula foods, they have a variety in each kind. Your fish should be getting a huge variety of foods, just as they would in the ocean. My fish get prime reef, formula 1, formula 2, Jullian sprugs sea veggies, and I do use flakes sometimes. Soak ALL food in a rotation of Vitachem, Zoecon, Garlic Extreme, and Selcon. Your fish arn't getting proper nutrition if that is the diet you have been feeding an angel? Angels need veggies! There is also an angel formula frozen food. Proper diet and ideal water conditions will clear lymph in no time.

I am sorry for the confusion. I only soak my frozen but I do give him Formula 1 & 2 pellets and prime reef. I guees I should buy some of those vitamins.

crox

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
What is your pH, kH, temperature, specific gravity, ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates?
I would also highly recommend getting some food additive vitamins.
Also, check this thread out: Possible Areas of Stress
The ph is 8.3 and I had a little bit of ammonia in my QT. The sg is at 1.009 since last Sunday. Temperature 78-80.

crox

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
How about nitrite, nitrate, and alk?

I didn't test those.

hatessushi

How about nitrite, nitrate, and alk?

You should really test for these. If your fish is stressing because one of these are way off then anything else you do may not help.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by HatesSushi
You should really test for these. If your fish is stressing because one of these are way off then anything else you do may not help.

I totally agree.