Beth

Beth I got from swf.com:
We have had complaints from members that the frags they received from other members were not as described . The members were under the impression that Saltwaterfish.com would be responsible. Saltwaterfish.com cannot possibly be responsible for any transaction that takes place between individuals in any way, shape, or form.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
dave, thanks for the update.
It was a nice service to members and fellow hobbyists, but the comments I made in the other thread and the stated reason from SWF.com seem reasonable.
As a mod in that forum, the "trading" aspect of the frag swapping was an issue, and some people were doing more than trading. Everyone knows that, including you, I'm sure. Thus, the "frag swapping" is gone now.

Originally posted by Beth
dave, thanks for the update.
It was a nice service to members and fellow hobbyists, but the comments I made in the other thread and the stated reason from SWF.com seem reasonable.
As a mod in that forum, the "trading" aspect of the frag swapping was an issue, and some people were doing more than trading. Everyone knows that, including you, I'm sure. Thus, the "frag swapping" is gone now.

The frag swapping was stopped because swf.com was getting complaints that people were thinking that swf.com was gonna protect them from getting ripped off,or what they precived as being ripped off.My question was to the members of this board,why would they think a private transaction between 2 members was part of swf.com:confused: And yes we know it involved some greenbacks from time to time.I still donot feel my thread should have been locked,it was a question that needed to be answered,and for some people to think about.Trading frags is good for this hobby.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Dave, this is why I locked the other thread. Because this topic, debate, is beating a dead horse and goes no where....keeping the discussion open invites others to start chimming in on a topic that really has no current bearing.
Its nice that you commented that SWF.com should not be made responsible for bad frag deals, but debating it here just serves no purpose.
As a mod, I abide by the BB rules, and debating about SWF.com policies in the forums is something that we have been asked not to do. SWF.com has provided an explaination and from the moderator point of view, I can tell you that the frag swapping rules were being violated left, right, up and down. Thus, now we have no frag swapping.
Topic Closed.