Betta still sick

dlyons55

Can someone please help me. My Beta is pretty much staying in a straight up and down possition with his head or mouth facubg up towards the top of the tank. He will stay at the top for a while then head down. He looks like he is sleeping but his head is alway's up towards the top. From time to time he will swim normal but after a few seconds he goes limp and back to mouth up.
Any Ideas as to what it is and what I can do to help this little fellow?

dlyons55

Hi I haven't had any one help me with my problem. My Betta is still alive but he hasn't changed his behavior. From what I read in Aquariums for Dummies I think he might have carbon dioxide poisioning. I put a airpump into the tank to get more oxygen to it. We recentlly put artiffical plants into his tank instead of real ones. Could that have caused the carbond Dioxide levels to go up.
He doesn't seem to be hurting any but he also doesn't seem hisself either.
Is there anything I can do or is it just wait and see if he comes back to normal or just wait for him to go to fish heaven.
Thanks for anyone who can help. I notices several peopel have looked at my post but noone answerd it even to tell me they didn't know what was wrong.
Please someone talk to me. I hope there is someone out their who has some compassion.
Daniel

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Please give some details about the fish. How long have you had him? Has he been eating? What size tank do you have?
The fake plants that you added, were they made for Saltwaterfish? Some plants that are made for the the freshwater industry have metal in them and could be harmful. How are your other fish?
Provide some details about your tank, water readings, etc.