Better Pictures of the 12 gal

rabid frog

Here are some better pictures. I cleaned off the glass this time and they came out a lil clearer.

Enjoy

rabid frog

Ty De. If you look closely you can see my yellow figi shriveled up in the corner, He got into a fight with my hyphnopora and lost..

He is recovering nicely and in stable condition.

catawaba

Royal gramma and a green chromis.
Anybody else hiding in there?
Good lookin' tank. Nice variety.
I'm setting up a 12g nanocube DX in my bedroom.....just now beginning to cycle.
Have a 24g nanocube DX at work, 72g in den, and a 125g mixed reef in the living room.
Still trying to decide what to put in the 72g. I have 440 watts over it, so I am thinking of going to a reef instead of a fish only....can't decide.

rabid frog

ty Jeep. Just give it time and dont rush it. Even more so in a Nano as opposed to a larger system.
Catawaba,
I sometimes I wish I had a fish only too. Im in love with Dog face puffers. I saw an all black one recently that I just loved to death.
I would say if I were you I'd turn the 72 into a reef and make the 125 FOWLR.
The 125 would offer you a larger variety of fish you could house and the 72 will a bit easier to stock with coral. Especially when you are trying to stock 2 reefs.

surfertdr

first off what is the purple stuff called that you have growing on the rocks and on the back of the tank? Also how do you get it to grow? I really like how it looks and even seen different colors of it growing than just the purple in some tanks. is it just algae? I have a 12g aquapod with 54w pc. what do i need to do to get it to grow?

rabid frog

The purple stuff is coralline algae.
Coralline Algae can be introduced to your tank by installing:
Coralline covered Live Rock
Coralline scrapings from another tank
Commercial Coralline Algae starter packages.
Coralline Algae is calcareous by nature, requiring many of the same things corals do in order to flourish:
SG apx 1.024
Calcium
350 to 480 ppm
Carbonate Alkalinity
Between 2.5 and 4.0 meq/L (7-12 dKH)
Strontium
Low Phosphates (Close to Zero)
Low Nitrates (5 ppm or lower)
(http://saltaquarium.about.com/librar..._coralline.htm)
Hope this helps.

rabid frog

thank you Az. I use a Nikon coolpix 5700. I want a digital slr. But I think I have to wait for that one a while.

rabid frog

Sorry for the delayed response. Ive been sick with the flu.
The Mushrooms you are talking about are actually maroon with a turqoise (sp) blue green stripes.
thanks I love them too, trying to talk my wife out of a few of them for reef club meeting.

catawaba

Originally Posted by rabid frog
Catawaba,
I sometimes I wish I had a fish only too. Im in love with Dog face puffers. I saw an all black one recently that I just loved to death.
I would say if I were you I'd turn the 72 into a reef and make the 125 FOWLR.
The 125 would offer you a larger variety of fish you could house and the 72 will a bit easier to stock with coral. Especially when you are trying to stock 2 reefs.

Good idea, but my larger tank is FULL of rock/corals.....and the 72 already has 100lbs LR in it.....I don't think all the corals/softies would fit in the 72....
BTW, I'm glad you're feeling better
oh, wait, I think I know what you're gettin' at----a frag party! LOL :hilarious