Better quality: Aquapods or Nano Cubes?

sugarfox03

I have a 24 gal AquaPod and I love it! I have heard the JBJs have a problem with glass cracking? Some have problems with heat issues with the AquaPod, such as myself, but it wasnt the tank, it was my ac unit. But some people put a small fan behind the tank to keep it cool. Good luck!

-Melody

chipmaker

For what they cost and what you get, and for as many problems that has been associated with them I still am of the belief a nice 30 gal oceanic cube or smaller, along with an AC110 hob filter, a MJ600 powerhead and a CSS65 skimmer and Coralife quad 96 watt light is as good a deal or better than any aqua pod or nano cube can ever dream of being. At least leaks and cracks are not an issue, neither is cooling for the most part, more capacit in about the same space a a 24 gal cube and a heap more peace of ind. My run a few bucks more overall but if you knock off the price of a skimmer its in the same price range, and even then neither of the self contained units have a darn skimmer either and fitting one to them is a chore if not almost impossible.

feixjai

i really like my nano cube 24. everyone had problems with the glass cracking but mine have had no problems and its been a little over a year since i set it up. my fans are working, my lights are working, my pumps are working, and everything is just great.

eyebedam

Nano cube 24. Half the people on the aquapod bandwagon dont even have 1. Aquapods have had plenty of problems of there on. The 2006 nano is a little thiicker glas s than the 05 & it comes with the surface skimmer.

bigpete

i love my 12 gal nano but it has had its troubles. the only REAL problem that was jbj's fault was the stock powerhead. lets just say they use cheap materials because some parts i found later were rusted.

K

kimc

I have an aquapod 24 & JBJ Nano Cube 24. The aquapod has a better lighting system but I prefer the JBJ Nano Cube. I have one at work and one a home... They both are good tanks.

captn bob

I looked at both ,an got a aquapod, liked it so much I orderd a 2nd one mine are the 24gal size their well built [the pump is rated at 295gph lots bigger than the JBJ]very easy to set up ,a very well thought out system

eyebedam

[the pump is rated at 295gph lots bigger than the JBJ
Actually the new nanos come with the 295gpf pump & surface akimmer atleast mine did. Anyways enjoy your pod. There both great tanks. :happyfish

eliteaqua

I have 2 aquapods and love them 1 12 gal and 1 24 gal. A friend has 3 2 12 gal and 1 24 gal and he loves all them.