Beware the Yellow Tang

wvgolfer

Last night I added my latest additions I had received from SaltwaterFish .Com. I added a Koran angel about 4-5 inches in size. I was shocked to see the relentless attack he came under from my Yellow tang. I knew they were aggressive but not to that extent. Even this morning he is still after him. He will not let the Koran go anywhere. I hope because the Koran just doesn't seem to be bothered by it that the tang will just end his aggression, but a quick lesson learned, if you add a Yellow Tang make it your last addition.

T

tizzo

Originally posted by ~chelle70~
My yellow tang must be an oddball. He is the most mellow fish in my tank!!

Have you ever added anything yellow after him??
Mellow test... put a yellow post-it note on the side of the tank and see if he tries to flick it with his tail...
WVgolfer, I added a copperband butterfly and mine did the same thing. I had to QT him for a few days. Rearranging the rock might help, if you can do that. Or adding something to the tank that the tang isn't used to, like a big piece of LR or even a large fish net. Just let it sit there and the tang should be intimidated by it, but the new fish will not since he's not "used to" the environment yet.

pontius

I added a school of 1.5 inch chromis last week, and my yt paid them no attention. I will say though that a koran angel and a yt are too much for a 72. these are 2 fish that would probably expect to be "boss" in a tank that size, so the tang is probably asserting himself as the boss in your tank, while my tiny chromis present no threat in my tank.