Bi-color angel

antwon

Hello I recently bought a bi-color angel about a week and a half ago. At first it was doing happy and swimming all over the tank, but for the past few days she(or he) have been staying near one rock and being very lathargic. I didn't notice any diseases and she obviously has been eating. I don't have many fish in my tank, but have a lot of inverts. Is there anything I could do to make her more active??

btldreef

Originally Posted by antwon
http:///forum/post/3275021
Hello I recently bought a bi-color angel about a week and a half ago. At first it was doing happy and swimming all over the tank, but for the past few days she(or he) have been staying near one rock and being very lathargic. I didn't notice any diseases and she obviously has been eating. I don't have many fish in my tank, but have a lot of inverts. Is there anything I could do to make her more active??
A full stock list would help as well as how you introduced this fish to the tank, any changes that may have happened since the addition of the tank and tank/water parameters.

antwon

about 100 hermit crabs, an arrow crab, a coral banded shrimp, one chromis damsel, one dragonface pipefish, 50lbs. of live rock, 8.3 ph 0 ammonia 5 nitrates 72 gallon all the equipment had been used so i didn't cycle it for as long as people usually do. After about two week i did a 15% water change and everything went well except the stress caused my occelaris clowns to get brooklynella and die thats about it oh salinity 1.022

vsecret

Angel fish need really good water conditions or they will slowly die. I ha that Happen to my bi-color. So make sure your water is 100%

antwon

Brine shrimp but she or he only eats things of the rocks as far as I knnow the parameters r okay

btldreef

Originally Posted by antwon
http:///forum/post/3275051
Brine shrimp but she or he only eats things of the rocks as far as I knnow the parameters r okay
You absolutely need to feed food designed for angelfish. Angelfish need sponge in their diet. Feeding your fish brine shrimp is like giving your kids nothing but candy. Spirulina is OK, but they really need mysis, PE Mysis would be even better. Look for Mega Marine Angel, or Emerald Entree, those are both excellent foods for angels and your other fish will eat the meaty food that are in them.

calbert0

brine shrimp is not a good food to feed.
Angels need sponge and algae in their diet.
As far as shrimp go I would recommend PE Mysis, or an all around food like Rods Food.
Do some research on Bi-Color Angel dietary needs and check out what your LFS (or this site) has to offer.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3275057
You absolutely need to feed food designed for angelfish. Angelfish need sponge in their diet. Feeding your fish brine shrimp is like giving your kids nothing but candy. Spirulina is OK, but they really need mysis, PE Mysis would be even better. Look for Mega Marine Angel, or Emerald Entree, those are both excellent foods for angels and your other fish will eat the meaty food that are in them.
Agree....Mine also has a taste for GSP......thank goodness they grow like weeds in my friends tank.....
I've had him since 2001 and I always say I'm getting rid of him, but somehow he always wins a spot....