Bi-color Blenny and Rainsford Goby

ackermsb

Was wondering what people's experiences have been with bi-color blennies. I am having a little trouble getting him to eat (although he did make it across the tank for the first time since I got him). I have fed him brine shrimp, pellets, flake and formula1 or 2 (cant remember). Keep in mind I have only had him for about 4 or 5 days but he seems to be eating the pods on the wall as they are slowly dissapearing.
Any advice or comments on what your bi-color's eat would be greatly appreciated.
I also got a Rainsford Goby. The fish is very beautiful and I love watching him eat the algae from the sand and watch the sand come out his gills. It is quite fascinating. However, I have not seem him for about 2 or 3 days. When I first got him, he was out all the time whent he lights were on, now I cant find him. I was wondering what people's experiences were with this fish and if they are known to hibernate for a period of time.
I will try to posts pics soon

janelle

i am also curious if anyone else out there owns a rainford goby. Im thinking about getting one. i have an open top tank, dont know if it would be a bad idea...

harlequin

I have and have had 2 different specimens of both of these. Bi-color blennies are my favorite of the blennies. Both of mine took awhile to eat. My latest still is not but i watch him eat at algae and stuff so I am not worried. My first one took several weeks before it ate flake food. Warning, they can be skittish fish and the reason I am on number 2 is because I was phototing my tank and appearently the flash spooked him and it jumped. I didnt know this and didnt find him until 2 days later.
-The rainsford Goby is a great fish although now that i think of it I havent seen mine in quite awhile. hmm need to check on that tomorrow. Great fish though, very pretty, very reclusive though and stays near the bottom. Also you need a good bit of micro-fauna since they only the rare specimen will eat prepared food. My first one went under a rock as soon as I got him and I never saw him again.

lesleybird

Sometimes it takes the shy bicolor blenny a few days to get up the courage to go up to the top of the tank with other fish to eat. Mine will eat flake, sinking waffers, and algea sheets. An easy way to feed one is to get some of the green or purple algea sheets, tear off a piece about an inch and a half by two and a half inches, get a small rock and attach it with a rubber band. Place this near your blenny's hang out. He will learn it is food usually the first day or two. Mine loves to eat this as do all the other fish. Lesley

bbreaux1

ive got a bicolor and was very scary when i first got him. try putting in some food and leaving the room or go sit away from the tank and watch. when i first had him i had to do this cause any movement in the room hede swim back in his hole and wouldnt come out till the movement stopped for a while now i can stand close to the tank and see him eat but ive been having him for 6 months or longer maybe. he also mad a little home out of a turbo snail shell and digging a creater in front of it kinda cool good luck with yours oh and i feed formula 1, 2 and some seaweed selects rubberbanded to a shell that i just drop in two or three times a week

michael7979

i have had my rainsford goby for a couple of months now and i've had great luck. eats algae off bottom in the sand mostly. i have not had mine be unlocatable(sp) for any great lengnth of time. hope all goes well.

michael7979

forgot my doesn't go near the top if you are afriad of it jumping out . mine doesn't seem interested in the surface.