Bi-Color Blenny...SpS Nippers???

reefsoe

At first I thought it was my coral beauty... banished to the fuge of eternal light... 24hr photo period.
but my sps never recovered, would this be because the angel damaged it bad or that my bi color is munchin polyps

neowind

Hmm I don't think the blennie would munch the polyps. I could be wrong my mine hasn't ever even thought about it. Although I do not have any SPS I have some LPS and he has never touched them. I do know some of my friends who have BiColor blennies and have sps and he never touches them.

bdhough

bicolors are algae eaters. how damaged was the sps when the coral beauty was banished? if any sort of algae sets in on the sps it can loose quite a bit of its skeleton.

reefsoe

The coral has skin... and when i say that i mean the color is still there... it just has patches missing of polyps similar to the marks on the glass where the blenny eats off of. I have some more stuff that came in Frag Wise, and with the angel out we will se what happens to these.

bdhough

are you serious? wow.....
as far as i know thats unheard of. i would have thought the coral beauty would do that. im at a loss. i remember one time a lady had to get rid of a peppermint shrimp because he was eating her lps corals. somethings in nature we just can't explain i guess. maybe someone else has heard of this.