Bi-Color Blenny

slammy16

Do bi color blennys gain more color on there tail as they get older. I have had one for about a week now, he is doing good eating all the time poppin in and out of holes really active. His tail however is not near the goldish orange color like i have seen in books or in Fish stores. Maybe he is not that old and there color becomes more prominant as they get older, I dont know does anyone have a answer for me.:notsure:

maeistero

not too sure, but up here in ks all the blennies are dull as heck when they're at the lfs. mine has grown immensely from probably 1" to about 2-2.5 and it's color is amazing now. i call it my "peacock doggy" it's dorsal fin is absolutely amazing although it's rare that he raises it. (actually i have no idea what --- he/she is) it's grown a full set of bright red "lips", and color is exceptional. i like how it just walks from snail to snail to crab and eyes them like a sheriff.

teresaq

I have noticed the longer i have had mine, the more colorful he is getting. they are a hoot. I love mine. His name is phil

slammy16

Yes,
He is becoming my favorite fish, i really like my maroon though. My tank had a bunch of algae on the back wall and he and a turbo snail have wiped it down to almost nothing. I did notice as much as he eats it comes out the other end just as often. I highly recommend these fish for something interesting to watch and to also help keep you clean. :happy:

nm reef

I'm not sure if they change coloration as they grow...or if there is maybe a slight coloration difference between male/females...or if maybe there are slight species differences...I do know I've seen several bi-color blennys that look a bit different....mine has the distinctive yellowish/orangish tail coloration and slight reddish markings along the face and body.......
Great fish to keep...mine is like a sheriff...cruises the display from perch to perch keepin' his eyes on all the inhabitants lookin' for signs of trouble.....named mine....BBBBBBBBBBenny the BBBBBlenny

slammy16

well he has change into the picture that you see when you look at these fish. I dont know why or how or what maybe he was a juvenile? When i got him he was a light blue now a deep purple and a nice orangish color. Hes cool:happy: