BiColor Goat

Just got a bicolor goat. Any advice you guys have for them. i did my research just wondering if you guys could send some experience or advice on keeping them.

myerst22

By doing research what did you find out about them? A a very difficult fish to keep alive. Usually starve to death unfortunately within a couple of months in captivity. T

well i found out they need to be fed alot. as well as they like live things in the sand. i cant keep them with shrimp. The guy at my lfs ( who i have been going to for a while and trust) said he would be fine. I feed him frozen as well as copepds (that are in the tank)

sean48183

I am interested in this as well. I have been thinking about adding one for awhile now. Keep us posted on how he does. From what I understand as long as you feed them a couple times a day they are bulletproof.

aquaknight

IMO they are fairly hardy, the thing is their max size. Bicolors reach a foot, either in captivity or in the wild. Most people's systems cant handle feeding one of those beasts 3x a day.

yeah so i decided. i did some reading at the book store and i am taking him back. I just dont feel like risking it. its not worth it too me.

ok so an update on the bicolor goat. belly up last night. not even in my tank for 24 hours. I am at the point of frustration. in the past week i have lost 2 hermits and a bicolor goat. I have no idea what is causing it. all levels are great. so i am gonna step up my water changes thinking that maybe its something with the water that i got from another shop that i dont usually go too. so cross my fingers with this tank. i am not loosing another thing.

sean48183

Sorry to hear about that. The beginning to this hobby can be really frustrating. Even when you get things running smoothly it still can be frustrating.