bicolor has black spots on body

seanh287

he has these white spots on his fins, the lfs guy told me it was cotton something disease? i pus treatment in there, but now he turned black and has black spots. i think hes dying. i wish i could do something, hes looks like hes in a lot of pain.
i just started my tank, 3 months running, and i got a smaller tank than i though....that makes me angry, but i should have researched... if my bicolor dies, im ready to just take a break cause i invested a lot of money and everything is dying.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
What other problems are you having with your tank? What are your water readings? Take a look at the pictures in the Diseased Fish Thread at the top of this forum to see if you see any examples that match up with your problem.

seanh287

it makes no sense to me, my water levels are completely fine. yesterday i saw some white spots, and figured that the skunk cleaner would clean him up.
today, his fins are completely frayed, but ate regulary. i get medication, and he turns black, and looks like desperate for help....he just swims looking at me for help idk what to do

seanh287

update.....something is on him....it looks like he's rubbing his scales off cause hes turning like a grey color, everytime he comes out he has the help me look i feel so bad for him.

sepulatian

Is there any way to post a picture of him? What medication did you use? Is he in a qt tank or the display? What other fish do you have with him? How do they look?

seanh287

well good news....he's no longer in pain but now my clownfish is in trouble. i think he has ick. its white spots all over his body