big bristle worm

zsalinas

Originally Posted by gross111
Found this the other night
wow that thing is huge. I haven't seen one in my tank before.

milomlo

Good question. I actually saw just a small piece of one the other day, but it was so big I though I had some sort of star fish. I don't know where it lives. I watched it as I was curious and it is a worm as I watched it crawl into a hole (just to make sure it wasn't a star fish), it took it a long time.

gross111

Nothing has died , our appears harmed from this guy, so i would say no. Saying that others have said to get rid of it.

misfit

Yes get rid of it , small are beneficial , big ones like that will strart to attack corals,clams and such pulled one out of my tank 10 inches long. There was a thread on here about a year or two ago, I think he had like a 400 gal and he started havind big corals eaten, he had a PVC frame for rock work and the worm had lived in there for years,he had to dismatel everything to get him out. I think he was actually 4 ft long. There was pictures. IT WAS NASTY> It was soo big he had to throw it away in the garbage- you certainly could not flush it!!! :scared:

roguetang

i had 1 about 4 inches i threw him out in the yard for the birds to pic at. lol thats crewl isnt it? o well the thought of that thing being in my tank he deserves it.

gross111

yea , this worm started to freak me out, I saw his head last night and grab him with some hemastates and flushed him dowm. Sorry to all the bristle police out there.