big crab that dont eat meat good??

cain420

i found a big crab.. about the size of a turantula.. legs look like one too! lol
but anyways, he didnt touch the dead shrimp that are cycling the tank, so i am assuming he is good? or maybe just not reef safe? how can u tell which ones are bad/good??

cain420

i tried to get a pic last nite.. lemme see if any turned out..
i seen a nice sized rock move, and that got my attention.. a hitch hiker.. yes!
i hope he is good! i screwed up and didnt even bathe my rock

literally is the size of a turantula that u get from a pet store!

mr_bill

Ah wait, I can make out the head there in the second pic with the two eyes. I'd keep a very close eye on that guy, he looks like the standard rock crab which can be extremely aggressive.

fishieness

legs look like a taranchula? if they are hairy and have pointed claws, then it will probably eat corals and everything else i could catch.

cain420

i plan on makin a small sump/fuge using a sterilite container and my magnum 350 convertible canister filter.. im gonna put him in there once i do that and try to get an id... i shouldve bathed my rock

fishy7

I found one in my tank that looked like a turantula. It was hairy and did not look like anything I have ever seen. I plucked him from the main tank and stuck him in the sump. He ended up at the my LFS. Check out the link. Pull him if you are not sure, since he can hide and never bee seen again until there is a problem.
Good luck.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...65#post1529965

cain420

i think this pic is a little closer to what i have.. i swear to god i thought i had a turantula when i seen just his legs! lmfao :scared:

cain420

a little update on the crab... i dunno if that resembles it in the second pic or not. i saw him pickin at the lr, takin small pieces off.. i think there may be a lil die off he is eating.. make sense or would a crab not eat that??

olga

Originally Posted by cain420
a little update on the crab... i dunno if that resembles it in the second pic or not. i saw him pickin at the lr, takin small pieces off.. i think there may be a lil die off he is eating.. make sense or would a crab not eat that??
Cain, I would not worry about it. You should appreciate that your crab have such a handsome face. ;-)