big dream

tboy

hello every one
I have a dream night last night thinking that i can put could put couples empty tanks in my garage back to work.
I have 29, 35, 58 and want to buy a used 75 and combine all this into one system like at the fish store. I was at petsmart the other and saw on the back of all their tanks, everything was drill and a guard over it, using it as an overflow. So I assuming everything go down into one system and pump it back to the tank.
I just finished my garage last week and seeing all the tanks is been empty for a while, I really want to put it back to work. I think it will be very cool if I could have many different tanks so I could have many different fishes and the coolest thing is they all can be different tempermant. And if I decide to add more tank just add more tank.
TO SETUP
to setup of course I would need a lots helps from all every body but this is what i have now. My 58 is already have a built in overflow so i don't have to drill but the rest i would drill a 1" - 1.5" hole on the top of the tanks and run it into sump. As far as the sump i was thinking buying a used 75g tank, custom built it, and have some external pump it back to the tank. Remember, everything is going to be in my garage so I do have a lot of room.
EQUIPMENT
Currently i have 2 x seaclone (100, 150) skimmer, 3 x mag pump (different sizes), 250w MH and 2x 36w pfo retrofit system, a 175w MH pendant, i'm sure there is more too but I cant remember.
I know I need to upgrade my equipment but i don't really want to spent a lot money on this project so i will to minimize the cost as much as possible.
SO WHAT DO YOU ALL THINKS
would it be possible?

S

saltycrab

You can do it but remember that the tanks are usually the cheapest part of a nice setup. Anyways if you have the tanks at different elevations you can return the sump water to the top tank and have it empty into the middle tank and have that empty into the bottom tank then back to the sump.

tboy

i'm looking to have everything drain directly to sump and i think i still have a mag 20, I can used that for return. Maybe split it into 3 way and return it into all three tanks. I'm going with fish only now, I'm sure i have most of the equipment, just not too sure if the skimmer will be enough.