Big Eye squirrel fish (hawiian) in a reef tank????

Last night I helped a friend move his SW tank and he gave me a 2 1/2" Big Eye squirrelfish, I had observed him in my friends tank, and he has always seemed very docile.
My question is.....I know that there diet consists partly of crustaceans, are my hermits, snails, or emerald crab at risk with this guy? Has anyone had success keeping this type of fish with inverts?
Thanks all........MCF

fireeater

Here is what I found on the Big Eye:
The Short Bigeye, sometimes known simply as the Big Eye, is a burnt orange to red color with several white highlights. The dorsal fin has a feathery appearance and the other fins are marked in black at the ends.
A 75 gallon or larger aquarium with generous amounts of live rock, hiding places, and swimming room provides a good environment. It will do well with others of its own species as long as there are adequate hiding locations and plenty of space. It will eat invertebrates such as worms (includes fireworms), crustaceans, and serpent stars. It is a nocturnal fish and hides while the lights are on.
The diet should vary between live feeder shrimps, freeze-dried shrimps, chopped marine meats.
I was thinking of getting a Hawaiin Squirrelfish that is down at my lfs. That is until I actually saw how aggressive he was when we threw in some ghost shrimp. He tore them up and I could only imagine what he could do to a peppermint shrimp.
If he is in your tank, just keep a close eye on him and make sure he behaves. Threaten him with a flush down the toilet if he gets out of line! hehe

Thankyou for your time in providing the above info.....However,
I hate to admit it, but I was completely wrong on this one. What I thought I had, is not what I have. After a little research, I found out it is not a squirrelfish at all, although it does look like one, it is actually a "flame cardinalfish" which is also a nocturnal fish like the squirrelfish. They are supposedly "reef safe,"
I don't normally take/buy fish without thoroughly researching them, this was however, a spur of the moment decision, and I also don't like to pass up a good deal!
He has the coolest eyes and is a bright red, should be a nice addition to my tank.
Thank you again for the help.........MCF