Big Fish?

kynekke

This weekend I upgraded to a 110 gallon long tank (approx 72"x20"x18"). I used water, LR and LS out of my old tank and another established tank so I'm not going to have much of a new cycle. Sooooo... what's the biggest/brightest fish I can have?? I have 2 false percs, a LMB and 2 chromis in my tank and it looks WAY empty. This is a reef tank with a starfish so no predators of those please. Can I step into the realm of the tang?
Thanks for the ideas!

fishpeep101

What about a yellow or purple tang? They are both beautiful fish (2 of my favorites)
and one of the two would do great in your tank. I have a yellow tang in my tank and I love him to death! When people come over they always sit and stare at him and comment on how gorgeous he is. They are a classic! Good luck with the new tank!
Jennifer

aquaknight

Yep, a yellow or purple tang is very doable. You could also do a 'medium' angel, (technically large angel, but they don't get nearly over a foot), any of the Genicanthus species of angels, the Lamarck, Bellus, Watanabei, etc, or like a FlagFin, Grey Poma, or even a Goldflake if you wanted to pony up the dough. Though I would definitely let the tank mature for some time at least 4 months before adding an angel. A reef safe Heniochous Butterfly would be a cool addition in place of a large angel, could do a dwarf angel though.

casper1875

I bought a beautiful yellow tang from saltwaterfish.com. It was healthy and just wonderful and then he turned into satan
. He had my Goldenhead Goby scared to death. He pushed my clowns around and was so mean I gave him to my lfs. I now have a Powder Brown Tang and he's awesome. He eats like a horse and doesn't bother anyone. I love him.

mcbdz

I would try a foxface. Bright yellow and I think they are so coll. Also after it's been up 6 months or so try a small scool of anthias. Very colorful and stay in the open.