Bigmac/Barrcuda

cmpowell

i am trying to make a kalk dripper.I did a search and found you guys had made them and had pics but i can't seem to find any.Could you guys or anyone post me some pics of them and what you used to make it.I would greatly appreciate any help.:D .Thanks Chris.:cool:

nm reef

I don't have a pic(could get one I guess) but the one I made is very simple and I daily drip 1 gal with it. I used a 1 gal plastic jug & a drip line(with regulator) from a IV bag. About 2" from the bottom of the jug I stuck the IV line in and used a bit of silicon to seal it up...mix the kalk and let it drip at a slow rate adjusting rate with the regulator on the IV line. Works for me.

barracuda

Hey cmpowell,
i finally upgraded my simple drip system by simple mechanical float switch (auto top-off). I got tired from adjusting the drip rate as evaporation rate was different from day to day here. I made the float switch myself within an hour and connected to the same cannister. Here are some pics of the setup:

barracuda

Here's 5 gal cannister (located higher than the float switch), which makes my system gravity fed with no pumps.