Bio Cube Light Upgrade

fpanther

Does Anyone Have A Picture Of There Tank With The Lighting Upgrade Would Love To See The Difference, I Have A 29 Bio Thinking Of Doing The Light Upgrade

sigmachris

It is basically an extra light and upgraded fans, nothing to high tech. I don't have a picture at the office right now.

rtspeed

the HQI upgrade was the greatest thing i ever did one one of my bio's. Alittle more heat but i already had a chiller and my sps did great in that tank.

mojo46825

I added 1 more 36 watt 50 50 bulb to mine. I have a 36 watt 10k, a 36 watt actinic, anda 36 watt 50 50. I did this for around 45 bucks shipped. Pretty easy mod. And it looks factor stock with no messing with the fans or guards. I ll grab m camera tonight and take some pics of my cube. I havent done so and I hope it helps. No added heat to tank. it goes from 77.9 to 78.2 Thats what it did before and after. So no change.

sinful

I actually just did the 3.24 upgrade for the 14 biocube today. Was pretty simple. Only con I can think of is you now have to run your fans on a timer with the lights rather than it being auto'd into the lights

mojo46825

I didnt do the complete mod . Just the light and ballast. Saves all the work for the power supply for the fans and Leds. One extra bulb doest put off enough heat to justify changing out the fans. Also just getting the basic mod was only $40.

k9gunner

Where did you get the upgrade kit? I am trying to decide what to do to my 29 for an upgrade for lighting. Can you post links with cost, and how hard the install was, CF vs. HQI.