Biocube 29 Micro bubbles

lukeg1981

I have a Biocube 29 with the stock pump.
I have a Eheim heater in compartment one. An Intank media basket (macroalgae and chemi-pure) and a Tunze protein skimmer in compartment two. There is JBJ ATO top off sensor, thermometer and pump in compartment three. I'm running two Koralia 1 powerheads.
The problem I am having is micro bubbles. A relatively small amount of micro bubbles constantly comes out of the pump and then every 30 seconds or so I get a large "puff" of micro bubbles. The micro bubbles problem existed even when everything was stock. Thoughts?

btldreef

Try adding some filter floss to the second compartment. I've always noticed more bubbles without the floss.

spanko

They are notorious for a loose connection of the tube that comes from the pump up to the elbow that is attached to the back wall. Check there.

lukeg1981

Spanko, you were indeed correct. Went to the fish store and picked up some new tubing from the pump to the elbow joint. It cost 87 cents. No more puffs of bubbles. Thanks.

stevehash-fish2

What tube did you buy for the pump as I have the same oproblem, when I say what tube I'm asking size, cause I think it's a 1/2 in and I have 3/4 inch tube that's to big for the elbow. And we are talking about the return pump correct? Cause my roommate is insisting your talking about the tunze skimmer so he says I'm wrong, lol