biocube 29 protein skimmer?

mersam935

Oh I forgot to put in there that please feel free to give me suggestions on any proteins skimmer that you think is AMAzing for any nano tank. the price is not the issue :) thx again.

redsea

Hi there, I don't have a BioCube so I cannot give you my opinion on this skimmer, but I figured I would tell you about it anyway.
Oceanic makes a protein skimmer for their BioCubes, which I found on a website for around $40.00. Have you looked into this one yet?

fastcroc

the Oceanic biocube protein skimmer from what I have been told is garbage. "You get what you pay for" is another thing I've heard about it. It is air driven with a wooden stone at the bottem for the bubbles. More expensive ones are impeller driven. I currently don't have a skimmer on my BC29 (wish I did) but when I make the plunge I believe it will be for the Tunze 9002. I have read awesome things about it plus it fits just where i need it in the second chamber. The company InTank makes an upgrade for the collection cup as well that fits in the BC29s hood. That will be an accessory that I will more than likely pick up as well with it. Hope the search goes good!