Biocube 8 Gallon Nano

ddiaz386

Is adding a Koralia Nano to much flow for a 8 gallon tank, everything seems a little hectic after i added it.

skate020

i've got 1 koralia nano and it supports my 23g nano, so it may be, you could just find a tiny powerhead, or try use a pump to create a water flow

ddiaz386

yea i have the stock pump and the koralia nano running. hmmm and its to late to return it. With the stock i felt i did not have enough flow now i have to much

spanko

Why do you think there is too much flow? Seems to me maybe just some adjusting of where the pump is pointing as a K-Nano is not that much flow.

ddiaz386

any suggestions right now is next to the stock pump well i guess im not use to seeing so much flow in the tank and everything just seem crazy i have some feather worms that have a hard time opening because of the flow and their on the other side of the tank

spanko

There is part of the problem. Locate the K-Nano on the opposite side of the tank pointing towards the output of the stock pump. This will give you tank a more random flow. Right now you are cuasing a straight line flow which is more direct . You want that randomness.
In other words you want the K-Nano and stock flow to crash into each other.

spanko

Just want to throw in too that the critters will pretty much adapt to the flow in your tank unless it is that straight line type flow that is blowing their flesh off their skeleton.