Biocube owners beware, lost my flame hawk (I blame myself)

nitschke65

Well, my beautiful flame hawk is gone. I remember reading somewhere (probably here) about the possibility of fish jumping into the back chambers of a biocube. (mine is a 29) Unfortunately, I never did anything about it, and; this afternoon. I found him on top of my bag of Chemi-pure Elite in chamber 3. Tomorrow, I'll devise some sort of screen to prevent this from happening again. If you have a tank like this, and have a fish that's jumpy, please don't learn this lesson the hard way...
like I did.

yeap i found a couple of my fish in the back but they were ok some back there for days i keep my biocube full of water the back chambers r full too. im sorry to hear about ur loss :(

nitschke65

Thanks, fishstick4sale. I've been trying to search (without much luck) for ideas on how to block off that opening. If anyone's done this, I'd be interested to hear how.

zoie2

That does stink! I had that happen to one of my clowns. It jumped into the pump chamber and got sucked into my pump. I think my other clown fish chassed him in there.

nitschke65

Thanks abaralnek!
Insert Professor Frink voice here...
Why yes, of course, the BC29 fish saver, with the blocking and the protection and the HOIVEN CLAVEN!!!
I'm ordering one now!