Bioload/evaluate

terrence

Hey Justlooking.......about your fish.
I asked about a skimmer on this board, because I was a little overstocked. Everybody responded with..."Take back some fish!!!" I didn't want to because they were small and colorful and peacefull...but I was doing a 20% water change every friday. I listened to people...took back a domino damsel that had grown to almost 4 inches in 6 months...plus the fish I had 2 of. I also removed some of my CC taking it down to 3 ". Bottomline is...everybody was right!!! after 10 days ...my tests come out on the money!!!! Give it a thought....if you returned two of the 3 chromies and one of the cleaners ...you'd be reducing your count by 33%...and still have the same fish in your tank. Good Luck!!!

justlooking

I wouldnt return fish, thats just not me. I was asking about gettting another fish which I guess I will hold off on. The 9 fish I have in the tank now are absolutely fine. Plenty of room and definitely not overstocked, if anything understocked IMO. But I rather err on the side of caution and not add anymore fish. By the way returning a cleaner goby really wouldnt make much sense, the fish is less then an inch big and skinny, barely eats a thing. Its not really always shear size of a fish, its the bioload a fish produces. Look at the type of fish I have and someone tell me I have a big bioload:)