bioload question?

dogfaceman

will this overload a new biocube 29 with 30lbs of live Fiji rock and 20 lbs of sand, the tank is completely cycled for a month and a half now.
will this overload it?
2 clowns
10 cerith snails
5 astrea snails
3-4 small colonies of soft corals ( zoanthids, mushrooms etc)
2 heads of hammer head coral

rs1831

If you don't have a lot of algae yet I would add half the snails and then when you get more algae add a few more. Good luck and post some pics if you can. What kind of clowns are you going to get?

dogfaceman

Originally Posted by rs1831
http:///forum/post/2693639
If you don't have a lot of algae yet I would add half the snails and then when you get more algae add a few more. Good luck and post some pics if you can. What kind of clowns are you going to get?
oh im just getting plain old false percs (IMO they look the best), also im placing an order online, i dont feel like breaking out my wallet for overnight shipping for 5 snails, although i do lack alot of algae at the moment, but i think i will just give them some extra food(algae flakes should work right?) untill i get an algae outbreak (its a new tank so a breakout is almost garunteed) i will try to get some pics up

aztec reef

No need to worry about feeding the snails. they'll have plenty to keep them busy via clowns waste as well as diatoms that the newly increased bioload should bring...

csgoalie

I have a similar size setup to you. I added 3 astreas and 3 blue legged crabs and the tank now looks great (sand, rock and walls). Consider less snails to start; you can always add more.

spiderwoman

That looks good to me. You know it's good to see someone asking that question with a bioload that is OK for the tank size; instead of having 10 fish in and then asking it. High 5 to you