Black Algae,,,,gross

joshradio

I had a weird stint with the stuff you're describing, I tried the red slime remover, the vaccum, the snails... but in the end, I dedicated a new power head to the spot... it blew it loose and it moved to another part of the tank, so I moved the power head... and after a few moves and a week or two of the hide-n-seek game, it was gone! I also did daily water changes too! I think the combo works without adding un-needed chemicals in your tank...
and I'd stop the H2O2 dosing... it's no different then a woman bleaching her upper lip... the hair's still there!!
Plus, it's gonna jack your H & O exchange up... not to mention adding danger to your fishes gills!

joshradio

Originally Posted by suicidepotato
PH has always been a little low 7.8,,,the amonia was 0ppm,,,the nitires was 0ppm,,,and the nitrates were 0ppm,,,,temp is 80,,,sg 1.023,,,I will have to check on the alk,,,,thanks y'all
Also, bringing your SG up with daily water changes will help rid it of that sludge... try to vacuum out any loose pieces you get from the direct power head flow!