Black And White Oscellaris

blazin2k6

Ok so i have a quick question, Do some clownfish take longer than others to get the all black color ? Because i have two black and white oscellaris , Almost the same size as each other but one is not all the way black and the other is almost completely. They are very small also btw. Maybe 1 inch or 1 and half inch. Here are some photos.

littlebuck

I think it all depends on the clowns. I think they are about 2 yrs old. The female a larger then the male. The are a mated pair. They will be going in there new home a 210 gal tank. They are my friends clowns but they are here in our 40 gallon frag tank.

blazin2k6

Nice clowns Littlebuck. I hope mine come out all black like that. They look so nice looking with the black and white stripes.

reefin419

I have several of these little guys that in my vat table currently and there all from the same clutch and a couple of them have all black little faces and a couple of the others are working on it and their about 2yrs old roughly. So i think it all depends on a little time and what their diet is from what ive heard could be wrong though.

ci11337

i bet the darker one is the female, the female is usually bigger,more dominant, and grows faster.