Black and White Percula Clownfish Compatibility

yerkdogg

I am currently looking to get some black and white percula clowns along with a host anenome. What anemones make a good host? I would ideally like to get a white anemone to contrast with the black of the fish. Help!

Oh my gosh! if you want a white anemone... go to my LFS! they have so many white anemones-All of which are DEAD...:(
I guess what I am trying to say is that there is no such thing as a true white anemone... though many people will say there is. Anemones need some pigment in order to photosynthesize.
There are many types of clownfish-hosting anemones, but the most commonly used one is the BTA (Bulb Tipped Anemone), because it is easier to keep than most others.
Keep in mind that anemones need extremely high lighting, particularly metal halide, in order to keep them successfully

dogstar

Percs prefer carpets, second is the saddle, however many tank bred clowns do not adopt anemones.

A

andretti

That's true. I have a pair of mated percs who won't touch my carpet, bulb, or sebae anemones. That's because these are the only two tank-bred clowns in my tank. The others, who are wild...a fire, :happyfish goldstripe maroon, :happyfish black and white, :happyfish and clarki :happyfish love the anemones! Don't worry all, they're in a 300 with plenty of territory to call their own.

hmmhmm

i have a false perc i kept in my 55gal for over a year..had two types of anemones in there for a long time...a bubble tip and some other...it never even looked at them....then i moved the perc into my 110gal that had a sebae anemone and it took to it with in 3 days....now he sleeps there every night...