Black Background`

kjord97

here is mine with my black background i was on the decision kick on eather black or blue and i finally chose to go black and i am so glad i did.

kjord97

My background is called Oceanvisions. You apply with soapy water and i used my credit card. Goes on like tint and is very easy to apply. I even applyed it very easily with out having to remove anything off of the back of my tank. It is cheap and if you ever decided to change colors or change tanks it peels right off. Also salt creep does not affect it and there is no air bubbles between glass and background if you do it right. Looks just like paint but is not permenate. Did i mention cheap, the stuff ran me i believe it starts at 1.99 for 18 and 19inch high up to 3.99 for 30inch high per foot.

mystic7

Originally Posted by tropills
Last Count around 275lbs give or take 5 or 10.
Beautiful tank! I've finally got all the fish I need for now, so it's back to buying LR. Still have about 120 lbs to go.

cmatt3

Do you need to use any additional/stronger lighting to keep from looking dark? I really like the black background and may go with it when I set up my 75.

brucoh

I used a black mirror window tint to do the back of my tank. I put a piece of black mat board behind that so no light would get through. I like the reflective look, I also have another tank that currently in storage with a miror mounted on back like Lubeck's pic. It does make your tank seem alot bigger than actually is.