black backing

m0nk

Why paint? That's very permanent. I have a reverse sided backing (from the LFS) that I just used tape to attach to the back of mine; one side is blue and the other is black. When I feel like a change I remove the few pieces of tape and switch. Currently it's on blue, but only because I had to seriously scrap the back of my tank for the black to work. And yup, I like the back of my tank nice and clean.

netimreefer

I want something that will stick too the tank so I do not get air pockets, and don't need to worry about retaping all the time!

kniquy

I have used regular latex paint. The only problem that i found was that i put it on too thick and it slid down a bit. If you go to a paint store they may know what will work best on glass or acrylic. I would just do a bunch of thin coats instead of putting it on thick

S

suv

I have done two (one black and one blue) w/ latex paint, it works great. But like already mentioned use thin coats, after 2 or 3 you wont be able to see through it aany more. I like the black better.

yearofthenick

I've never done it personally, but I've seen people get that sticky velvety stuff and put it on the back... you know the stuff you can buy in little circles to put under your chair legs if you have hardwood floors? Apparently you can buy them in sheets. That's what I would do if I had to do it. If I ever wanted to change, I'd just peel it off.

C

cmaxwell39

I used Krylon fusion spray paint on mine. A number of thin coats as well. Worked very well.

stanlalee

I dont even know the brand, all I know is it was "all purpose" spray paint from lowes. worked excellent. I was reluctant but glad I did it in the end. I tried the temperary background on my last tank, not nearly the same. now I can be make spills and all kinds of things behind the back glass where its hard to reach or clean and thanks to the paint the back glass still looks perfect. stuff would get inbetween and/or alter the removable background.

markandkri

and the paint comes off easy with a razor blade. takes about 10 minutes.
i used cheap lowes as well (black that is)

bama man

Hey !! I just went through that too. Was going to paint but I found some "fiber board" at Wally World,. It is located where the poster board and supplies are. I have a 72 gal. so I used two sheets and cut them to fit. Works great .

ifirefight

Originally Posted by NETimreefer
http:///forum/post/2799341
I want something that will stick too the tank so I do not get air pockets, and don't need to worry about retaping all the time!
Limo tint/window tint...easy to apply and easy to remove.

S

saltycrab

Limo tint is 5%; They have 1% that they use on buildings to block out light (adult shops,etc..
)