Black cucumber split... now I have 2

rsd

OK, so I know that many e-derms can split. But never expected that my black sand sifting cucumber would.
About 3 months ago my black cuke was about 9" long. One morning I saw it curled up behind one of my rocks... looked about 3" long. I know it could contract so I didn't bother with it. That night, I noticed it eating on the far end of the tank... about 4" long. It looked odd though. I then noticed the other half was still in the same spot behind some rocks. I figured it may have been damaged and tried to pull out the "dead" piece. It was securely holding onto the rock. I left it alone and watched both halves.
Over the next month, the end with the mouth cruised the tank as if nothing was wrong... and began expelling sand out the other end... the end without the mouth didn't move...yet was attached firmly to the rock.
3 weeks ago i couldn't find the "headless cuke". Last week it emerged with a thinner 1" long rootbeer brown head and mouth. Both ends regrew the missing half and are cruising the tank... just a little mal-formed right now.
Odd. Moral of the story... everyone told me to flush it (at least the non moving half). It wouldn't let go of the rock, and my fingers didn't stink from touching it. I am glad I held off and let it do it's thing.

maxsmart

I wish mine would split! She stretches out as long as 18 inches, though most of the time she's 9-12 inches. Several times she segmented like she was about to split, but it turned out she just had to poop.