black or blue?

rickstar

my new 280 gallons is being built , just need your opinion on the back and sides paint colour ,black or blue guys? once in place no room for colour change!:notsure:
thanks.

T

tizzo

WOW!! That's definately a personal preference, but I am gonna vote for black. Brings out the colors in the fish more and it looks like the tank goes on forever!!
You could get some cut outs (of anything) the color of whatever fish you want and hold the colors up against the two choices and see what you like more.
:thinking:

rickstar

thanks tiz, i had a look at new tanks in my lfs painted black and i must say they do look diff. however this tanks are new and no water in them ,couse this is a new store openning in two weeks so therefore i was not able to see these with water in them . thanks for your reply.

dogstar

Black absorbs the light and does not let algea grow so easy on it and what does you dont see it. on blue you see the algea very well and hard to clean the back inside of most tanks.

rickstar

many thanks for your replies guys, a guess black it isssssssssssssssssss!:cheer:
i will post pictures as soon as the bits arrive.