Black snail ID?

dmjordan

Can anyone tell me what kind of snail this is? Body is similar to a nassarius snail but shell looks different than my other nass.

jerthunter

I think I have seen ones that look just like that being sold as Nassarius snails but with that being said I do not know if they are actually nassarius or just something similar....

promisetbg

It is a predatory whelk! Get it out now..and watch for more! :scared: See that spike..that's what he uses to insert in other snails and inverts.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by promisetbg
It is a predatory whelk! Get it out now..and watch for more! :scared: See that spike..that's what he uses to insert in other snails and inverts.
Guess I was way off..!!! Actually it does look different then the nassarius snails I was thinking about..
I was thinking it was Ilyanassa obsoleta but after second checking it obiously not...

promisetbg

Here was my last little deviant I removed that slipped past all my removals...they are very prolific, so you have to look even months later. For me it was years and this guy slipped by!

promisetbg

You have got to be kidding. I would go back in there and raise a stink...that's not right. Yeah...give it to someone who does'nt know. That way they will be in the store every month to buy new snails! :mad: Good thing you are smart enough to ask.

omgsaltwat

You have got to be kidding. I would go back in there and raise a stink...that's not right. Yeah...give it to someone who does'nt know. That way they will be in the store every month to buy new snails! :mad: Good thing you are smart enough to ask.

I agree thats so wrong...
:mad:

alyssia

Agreed. That is ridiculous!

dmjordan

Yeah that sucks. I bought a new mushroom rock today (hence the plastic bag) and 3 cerith snails. They threw the black one in at no charge.

Just another victim of the LFS.