Black tip shark

moraymike

I think most of us can appreciate the desire to keep a blacktip, but... you need to do it right if you're going to try. A 300 gallon tank isn't going to work. In the mean time, go with a smaller species, save your money, and be patient.
There are a lot of shark veterans here (including myself). I think it's safe to say that the majority of us want to see new shark keepers be successful. However, we do want folks to do their homework, have the proper equipment, and consider what's best for the animal.
Good luck!
mattiej:
What is your current inventory looking like?

unknown

Cubuffs Email me and I can get your address and such.
LoveTheSea7@hotmail.com
Vince.
P.S. Sharkguy1 that responds is preety inmature and is not appreciatted. if you can't contribut to the disscusccion with something informative then don't respond at all!
Falcon I really respect you and I am not doing the shark tank at all now due to The money it would soak up and it would not be right to the shark.
I have turned over a new leaf, and become wiser. Thxs all for helping me to understand.(even if I didn't want to)
Vince.

mattiej

Currently I have two Atlantic sharpnose, two bonnetheads, one sandbar, and one Pacific blacktip reef shark in the 18000 gallons. I have finalized all plans and submitted the deposits to begin construction on my new lagoon in April. This monster will be a bit over 36000 gallons and will be 45 feet long. The whole lagoon will be housed in a solarium. The project should be finished in about six months, if all goes well. I have planned another collection trip to the south this summer to get a few more sharks.

fishy411

Originally posted by mattiej
Currently I have two Atlantic sharpnose, two bonnetheads, one sandbar, and one Pacific blacktip reef shark in the 18000 gallons. I have finalized all plans and submitted the deposits to begin construction on my new lagoon in April. This monster will be a bit over 36000 gallons and will be 45 feet long. The whole lagoon will be housed in a solarium. The project should be finished in about six months, if all goes well. I have planned another collection trip to the south this summer to get a few more sharks.

You could swim with your sharks in that thing!

unknown

Why don't you just by a full size swimming pool and trun that into a shark tank and have it inclose like a green house type deal??
Wouldn't that be cheapper??
And there is plenty of room for them sharks in there..
Vince.

aquaman

Originally posted by mattiej

I would love to see some pics of that.:eek:

mattiej

Unknown, that is exactly how I did my present pool. I converted an above ground pool into a shark pool. For this new lagoon system I wanted to do something that would stop folks in their tracks and say WOW. I have been planning this for some time and finally have reached finacial stability to be able to do such. This will be one hell of a system when all is said and done.
Gas, you aren't the only one who has expressed some interest in going along. On two other boards (which I am a moderator on each, I might add) there have been a few folks asking to tag along. Luckily this year all plans have been finalized and set up well in advance, so I am very certain of where and when I will be there. I am also very fortunate in that I was able to rent a house on one of the very private islands down there and this island is one hot spot for both bonnets and sharpnoses, as well as blacktips, spinners, and black noses. Not to rub it in too much.

unknown

Mattiej You have way to much money! you should probably for your own good throw some my way:yes:

The money will soon start to take over and you will become selfish and greedy and a soulless coorperate evil man. I am just looking out for YOUR best intrestes. LOL
PLEASE take LOT'S of pic when you guys make the trip. I mean lot's I would love to see what it is like.
Were are you guys going and when? Just by curiosity.
I would love to see the pics of that tank.
Vince.

requiem

It is people like you that put shark keeping to shame.
I work at a zoo and every time we get a call wanting to know if we could take a shark of some ones hands we say no.

unknown

Hey, requiem SHUT THE FU** UP OK!!!
There is no reason for what you just said.
My mom works at the zoo and She is head of the aquarium division. So the shark WOULD have been under close observation by zoo employees.
Second. I already stated that I will not be even getting a shark tank due to the needs of the shark and it would not be fair to the shark.
You really need to read the WHOLE thread before you respond to one individual post!!
People like you make this world suck, and extremly annoying.
Vince.