Blackfoot Lionfish (Parapterois heterurus)

alfon76

I have been looking for info, pictures and availability for this fish. No success so far. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I have a 150 gallon setup just for 2 of these guys and maybe a Mombasa Lionfish with them.
Thanks in advance,
Ivan

betts

Would like to see a pic of this guy...I have 2 Black Lions and they are doing great along with a Scorpionfish, a False Stone Fish, a Fuzzy Dwarf and a small Russelli...

alfon76

The only picture I saw of one was on the cover of a fish magazine. Of course, the cover picture was the only one of the fish and they did not even mention it again in the article (the article was about keeping venomous fishes in the tank). The fish is gourgeous but all my searches online have returned empty.
Onca again, if someone knows where to find them for sale, or at least any more detailed info/pictures I will appreciate it.
Thanks.

grouperhead

I've never seen a picture of one of these guys. I've read a little bit about them, not too much info on them. You could try to contact Frank Marini, but he recently lost almost all of his fish, so I don't know what he is doing know. Good luck in aquiring one. Bo

alfon76

I would follow any leads that I can but could you tell me how to get in contact with Mr. Marini?
Thanks.

betts

Are you talking about the Black Lionfish? Tried to find what you call a blackfoot lion and can't find that puppy! As for FMarini, he belongs to ReefCentral forum and has a lot of good info on lions there. Since his posts he has lost his tank due to a heater that went on the blitz. But he is very helpful. Here is a pic of my Black Lionfish.

alfon76

Your lion is probably one of the best Black Volitans I have seen. However what I am looking for is a Blackfoot Lionfish (Parapterois heterurus) which I have no idea where it comes from or anything. The only pic I have seen is on the cover of the May issue of Aquarium Fish magazine. The Marine Atlas has a pic with the scientific name of the Blackfoot but the picture is of a sea robin (go figure).
Can someone point me in the direction to contact Mr. Marini? Is it ReefCentral.com or is it a forum here in this site?
Thanks again.

hnf2k

reefcentral.com then goto online community, he's a moderator of some of the forums there.