Blacking out back of tank

crypt keeper

what do you use and where do i buy it?
Slowly getting my next project started and just doing one thing at a time so that i think i spent less money than I actually did and dont hang myself.

9supratt4

If its a new tank I just did mine. I used RustOleum Universal All-surface spray paint in a flat black. It looks great and went on great and even.

mkzimms

i used rustoleum black appliance epoxy from home depot... its gloss black and scratch and moisture resistant. went on real smooth with 3 coats done over 3 days.
the paint

the tape and painting

the final product

hammerhed7

I used a product I bought from my lfs, it goes on like window tint, you put soapy water on the tank, and them put the film into place and smooth out the air bubbles, it gives you a painted appearance, and is water tight and if you ever want to change the background color it peels right off.

aquaguy24

i should have painted mines with spray paint..i used the brush and didn't like it so i scraped it off...now i have the black film i got from my lfs..well at least i have the choice of turning it over and having the blue side if i get bored of the black..

cranberry

Originally Posted by Hammerhed7
http:///forum/post/2727168
I used a product I bought from my lfs, it goes on like window tint, you put soapy water on the tank, and them put the film into place and smooth out the air bubbles, it gives you a painted appearance, and is water tight and if you ever want to change the background color it peels right off.
I tried many different ways, but I have to say, I really liked this product.

erock412

Im about to paint my tank, too. its cold here in the city of steel so i have to paint inside. any brush-on paint that anyone has experience with?

kas2247

I used DG spray paint... I did a light coat of splotchy dark blue, then covered it with a solid coat of black. It looks cool from the front, almost gives it a 3-D effect when I have the algae cleaned off the glass :)