Bleaching coral

julius

Here's my situation I had my water tested yesterday reading were fine except my nitrates they were very high so I did a 30% water change. I feed only once aday, as of now I only have one fish and that is my damsel. I trying to find the reason why my polyps are bleaching out the way they are. This is the first time this ever happened.
Originally I had him like in the middle on the tank but it never showed any problem until a couple of weeks ago then I moved it on the bottom pretty much out of the light hoping it will come back. But no luck as of yet. Let me know whats up Jay.

stang66200

Are the bulbs in your light old?
I am not sure what else it could be . . . Is your water movement okay? Do you have stray voltage?

julius

My baby panther grouper and my sand sifting goby disappeared I search that whole thank I could not find anything I even rotated all my live rock around to see if I seen a corpse I found Nothing. I dont have anything in my tank that would kill or eat them. ? would bristle worms kill fish why they are sleeping unexpectedly. Just a ?

reefnut

Originally Posted by JULIUS
would bristle worms kill fish why they are sleeping unexpectedly. Just a ?
No...
So, what kind of coral are we talking about??

bri23520

My zoos did the same thing, but I found out a pump had a short and i had some voltage in the water. I replaced the pump and they regained their color in about 2 weeks, hope this help just use a volt meter on your tank.

julius

Originally Posted by ReefNut
How much PC's?? How do they look?? It's kind of strange that zoo's would bleach??
260watt PC. The bulbs are kinda old a little over a year to be exact. My actinics are starting to get a little dim. For the most part they are pretty much covered in Salt Crep.

julius

Originally Posted by bri23520
My zoos did the same thing, but I found out a pump had a short and i had some voltage in the water. I replaced the pump and they regained their color in about 2 weeks, hope this help just use a volt meter on your tank.

I will give it a try.