Blennies

blkhawk10

I wanted to get one but don't know what kind, could I hear from some people who have some and see how they like them.

promisetbg

All blennies are great! I have a lawnmower{he is huge!} a bicolor,a tailspot, a starry, and an aggressive blenny called a sandhopper. The latter is not like a blenny w/ the exception that he does perch.
My 2 favorites are the lawnmower and the starry. They are a pretty hardy fish, eat algae and meaty fare, and generally have a good tough slime coat..and tons of personality!

milomlo

I have a tailspot, but I find that he is mean to my firefish.
Promise = do you have all those blennies in the same tank?

granny

Yeah, I Wonder The Same Thing (i Am Not Yelling-just Cant See Small Type!)
I Have Two Blennies In Two Separate Tanks. The Lawnmower In One, Who I Supplement With Seaweed Sheets And Algae Tablets And A Redlip Who Is Pretty Aggressive In A Different Tank.
All Reccomendations Say Keep Them Separate-even Other Perching Fish Sometimes Will Cause A Dispute.
The Only Thing I Have Ever Seen My Lawnmower Eat Is Algae-info Says They Eat Microalgae-so They Are Not Easy Fish To Keep Alive And Fat-at Least Not In My Tank Which Is Clean As A Whistle!!

battosai

I have a Lawnmower, Bicolor, Tailspot, Red Sea Mimic, and a Brown(unknown name) Blennies all in the same tank without a problem. They eat pellets, algae sheets, mysis and flakes. I love blennies!!

damselsrck

promise, how difficult is your starry blenny? I was looking into getting one and would love an owner's thoughts...

sufunk

midas blenny! the pic on this site doesnt do it justice. Mine is a incredible bright yellow. He has lots of personality and gets along with everything in the tank. also, eats anything i put in the tank

buzzword

Battosai, do you have the tailspot, red sea mimic and a LMB all in a 90g? If so do they get along? I have a Red Sea mimic and a LMB and was wanting a Tailspot but didn't think they could all coexist. I have a 120g with about 150+lbs LR. What do you think? And in what order did you add them? Thanks
I just saw your answer, but what order did you get them?

travis89

I had a midas blenny and loved it but he jumped out. He got along with everything and ate anything I fed him. Mine was a bright yellow with peach streaks behind the eyes.

battosai

Originally Posted by Buzzword
Battosai, do you have the tailspot, red sea mimic and a LMB all in a 90g? If so do they get along? I have a Red Sea mimic and a LMB and was wanting a Tailspot but didn't think they could all coexist. I have a 120g with about 150+lbs LR. What do you think? And in what order did you add them? Thanks
I just saw your answer, but what order did you get them?

Yes, I do have them all in my 90. I have plenty of room for them to hide and perch in. As far as adding a tailspot I think he will do fine in a 120 with the other blennies. As far as the order that I put them in goes like this LMB, brown, bicolor, tailspot, and last red sea mimic. They all hang out with each other, but the only one that's a little territorial is the bicolor. My Tailspot is definatelly the one with the most personality. Give it a try.

buzzword

Battosai, thanks for the info I may try it but am worried about the other two bothering him. We'll see. I love my Red Sea mimic here has lots of personality. Here is his favorite perch.