blenny and goby question

alyssia

I plan on getting a bicolor blenny and a pink and blue goby soon. Are these compatiable? What do they eat? I want to make sure I don't get something that needs pods.

nofish4u!!

From my own experience, I have a scooter blenny and a yellow watchman goby and they get along just fine. The blenny eats a lot of the stuff living on the LR and LS (microfauna). The watchman really likes formula one pellets with garlic. I've also seen him eating some worms and frozen mysis shrimp. Don't know if this is much help... GOOD LUCK!

pontius

I don't know what kind of goby that is, but blennies have a reputation of harrassing bottom dwelling fish.

pontius

Originally Posted by nofish4U!!
From my own experience, I have a scooter blenny and a yellow watchman goby and they get along just fine. The blenny eats a lot of the stuff living on the LR and LS (microfauna). The watchman really likes formula one pellets with garlic. I've also seen him eating some worms and frozen mysis shrimp. Don't know if this is much help... GOOD LUCK!
the scooter blenny is actually a dragonette, not a blenny. but the bicolor blenny, at least mine, so peaceful so maybe she won't have a problem. I think some of the larger blennies could be a problem though, depending on what kind of goby. I think a blenny could probably harrass a scooter or other dragonette

bull7dog

yes becareful what other fish you introduce while you have the blenny. i got a small blue tang (the dory fish), and with in 2 days the blenny took a bunch of bites out of it. i rearranged the rocks after the 1st day, but that didnt stop the blenny's aggressive behaviour. i ended up having to remove the tang and take it back to the LFS to a quarantine tank. the tang died a few days later.
since that time i got a yellow tang, but made sure that it was larger than then blenny. the blenny picked on it for a day or two, i rearranged the rocks again, and now everyone is cool. so my recommendation is to make sure you get fish that are bigger than the blenny if you think you have an agressive one.