Blenny Stocking Question?

dah-nah

I am definitely going to be putting a Midas Blenny in my 150. I'm thinking of adding either a LMB or Redlip Blenny aswell.
I have heard that Redlip's can be somewhat aggressive for a blenny, does anyone have any experience with a Redlip?
Also, Should I QT the blennies seperately and add them to the 150 at different times or would it be better to QT & add them together? The QT is 30 gallons.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Dah-nah
http:///forum/post/2557123
I am definitely going to be putting a Midas Blenny in my 150. I'm thinking of adding either a LMB or Redlip Blenny aswell.
I have heard that Redlip's can be somewhat aggressive for a blenny, does anyone have any experience with a Redlip?
Also, Should I QT the blennies seperately and add them to the 150 at different times or would it be better to QT & add them together? The QT is 30 gallons.
They can get territorial and if I am not mistaken the red lip is a venomus type right? I would the other 2 first then wait and add the redlip last. IMO

cj52racers

I just looked it up and no the Redlip is not venemous but it is hugely territorial and really aggressive to any fish that enters its little area. But Idk how they would interact in a 150. But i know Midas' can be pretty territorial too.

cj52racers

Theyre more aggressive to fish of their own families, that would be the only difficulty in having two blennies, but then again ive seen it work wonderfully too, haha there are very few things in this hobby that are an exact rule, just a lot of guidelines.