Blenny ?

jsteph24

I have a lawnmower blenny right now and was thinking about getting another blenny in the future such as a midas blenny or a bi-color blenny. Is this advised? Do they get along with each other? Thanks for any help.

happyhourh

1 per tank unless a mated pair. You may be able to get by with a midas or other freeswimming blenny but i wouldnt advise it.

kayak385

I agree with happyhourth, from my posts, 1 blenny per tank unless they are mated or the tank is huge... like 200gallon per blenny.

debbie

I totally agree too. I had a bi-color blenny and the most nasty fish going. They are very cute, love their colors but they can sure be mean plus I have not had luck with keeping them for very long either.
I don't know if it is just me but the gobies and blennies just don't seem to have a very long life, does anyone know if I am correct or maybe it is just me.

puffer32

I had a midas and bi color in the same tank. They weren't the best of friends, but tolerated each other. Then i lost my midas and got a sailfin blennie. They chased each other around for awhile, but are fine now as long as they don't try going in each others caves.

jsteph24

Thanks for the replies, I think I am going to not go with the midas blenny. I do not want to two to fight! That is to bad that the different types do not get along, I love my LMB. He is the funnest to watch, he actually has a special place to sleep every night. He is my favorite fish so far....

cvetnich

I have a bi color and a lawn mower in a 72 gallon and they don't fight at all. I also have a mandrin and they all seem to be doing great together.