Bloody hair

greatfullreefer

I am at a loss, i have been battling a hair algae problem for a while now. Steps i have taken, replaced bulbs 440 vho, set up a fuge, removed bio balls nitrates have gone from 10 to 0 since taking these steps. I use R/O water bi weekly water changes.
Readings
Ammonia 0
Trites 0
Trates 0
PH 8.3
SG 1.024
Cal 430
Alk 10.4
:help: what else can i do?

viper_930

You can try a few emerald crabs. I got two when I had a big patch of some kind of algea. Within a few hours all the algea was gone with no evidence it was every there.

greatfullreefer

Originally posted by ViPeR_930
You can try a few emerald crabs. I got two when I had a big patch of some kind of algea. Within a few hours all the algea was gone with no evidence it was every there.

No detectable Phosphates and i think the emeralds would have to be as be as my head...lol

viper_930

How many hours is your photoperiod each day? I think you should give the emeralds a try. They are really great algea eaters. For a 75 gal tank, you can get like 5 of them.

sterling

There have been sooooo many posts regarding this problem lately, please do a search on posts that I've made regarding it because I get tired of re-posting all the time. But if you search and find the posts you'll see how myself and others have conquered it.