blown ice cap 660

notsofishy

I got an Ice cap 660 ballast from a friend and hooked it up to 4 vho bulbs I had laying around. Plugged it in saw a blue spark come from the connecter. I took out the fuse and it turns out it was a 7 amp fuse the max on the ballast said 4.4 amps but anyways the spark kind of blue up the pin in the ballast going to the hot power wire. So i was wondering if I could rewire the harness to use a different pin or if the ballast needed to be wired in a specific order?

scsinet

Sounds to me like the connector was loose. Is there any physical damage to the connector on the ballast? What about the wire harness?

notsofishy

Yea im not sure exactly what happened. I checked the connector before plugging it in it seemed secure. But yes the connector on the ballast is damaged. The pin where the hot wire from where the power comes in is pretty much gone. Thats why I was wondering if I could switch the wiring harness around so the power comes in through a different pin?

notsofishy

Oh bummer well I guess the only thing to do then would be to send it back to Ice cap? Thanks for the help anyways though.